NOTE: Registration deadline extended to 9am on 31st August 2020 as BC Soccer and ViaSport have approved moving to Phase 2 of Return to Play
Langley United Fall registration – Covid19
24 June 2020
Dear Langley United Soccer Association Members
LUSA FALL REGISTRATION;
While we can’t say for sure what fall programming will look like at this time, we have an obligation to assemble our team rosters and prepare for league play should phase 2 and 3 get the green light. Soccer requires a large amount of advance preparation for equipment, coaching and facilities coordination and as such, pre-registration is required.
The association has elected to set a $245 fall registration deposit to book your youths space for fall. All those that moved their Spring 2020 reg forward you will receive by email a voucher code to enable you to access those funds held since spring.
- Until it becomes clear on what level of programming we can offer, final fall program costs won’t be available but there would be NO increase from 2019 fall
- Once final fees are established, the difference will be due and payable prior to 1st session
- The $245 is a non-refundable deposit (if season is cancelled then deposit will remain as credit for future registrations). We will develop and deliver some form of “safe” programming and if it is punctuated due to regulatory bodies, we will do our best to ensure the maximum number of sessions are realized across the normal 23 weeks of programming ending March of 2021 to maximize your fees.
- Fall registration will be Open June 26th through Aug 31st at 9am (Extended).
- LUSA is committed to keeping the final program costs to the lowest possible denominator to ease the strain on our membership’s households.
2020 Fall Return to Play
We are hopeful this “place holder” strategy is seen as a reasonable compromise to mitigate the necessary advance program costs while still staying flexible to adapt to the governing bodies restriction. We are beyond eager to find normality and can’t wait to get the kids and the balls united again
From my desk, I wish to say thank you for not abandoning your sport and your community-based association. It is with great pride that I work with our team to navigate the requirements to keep your loved ones as safe as possible while finding a way back towards active sport.
Langley United Soccer Association